Another round of Links for Thought, this time with a focus on education!
- What Teachers Really Want to Tell Parents. The brutal — but important — truth. (CNN)
- Who’s Teaching Your Kid to Dislike Math? Worrisome! Especially for female students. (Momformation)
- What Should a Four Year Old Know? Right on! (A Magical Childhood)
- Why Are Finland’s Schools the World’s Best? ”The secret seems to be emphasizing art, foreign languages, and physical activity, paying teachers like lawyers and doctors, and doing away with standardized testing.” Sigh. The U.S. has a long way to go. (Disinformation)
- Homeschooling Preschoolers: Life is the Curriculum. Excellent ideas for all parents of 3-6 year olds, not just those who homeschool! (Simple Homeschool)
- In Classroom of Future, Stagnant Scores. ”Schools are spending billions on technology, even as they cut budgets and lay off teachers, with little proof that this approach is improving basic learning.” (New York Times)