Childbirth Education Classes
- Natural Childbirth in Home or Hospital - Pamela Pilch, BA, JD, LCCE, Apprentice Midwife, 804-308-9260 or 804-398-0021, firstname.lastname@example.org; Williamsburg.
- Hypnobirthing – Bridget Pelkey, CPM, 804.210.1397, email@example.com; Williamsburg. Read Williamsburg Mothering’s profile of Bridget here.
- VBAC (Vaginal Birth After Cesarean) Class – Heather Edwards, CD(DONA), firstname.lastname@example.org, 757-484-5717; Williamsburg and Portsmouth.
- Lamaze Classes at Sentara Family Maternity Center - At the link, be sure to check which Sentara hospital each class is held at; Williamsburg, VA, and other locations. Read Williamsburg Mothering’s profile of Lamaze here.
- Lamaze Classes – Group Classes and Private In-Home Classes – Marie Lewis, CCE, CD(DONA), 757-224-1807, Marie@TheMilitaryDoula.com; Yorktown and Hampton Roads area.
- Bradley Classes – Heather Hannon, CCE, RN, of Bradley Birth of Richmond, 804.639.5902, Naturalmommy72@yahoo.com; Richmond.
- Active Birth, Natural Birth – Liz Marshall, MPH, ICCE, CD(DONA), of Gentle Stork Childbirth Services, 757.817.6877, Liz@gentlestork.com; Newport News.
- Labor Comfort Measures Classes and Childbirth Education Classes - Jacqueline Starkey, RN, IBCLC, CCE (Lamaze), CD(DONA), of Birthjourneys Childbirth Education and Doula Care; Hampton Roads/Chesapeake.
- Birthworks - Amara Minnis and Kate Dundlow; Norfolk, VA
- Empowering Birth Classes - Jennifer Green; Tidewater Area, VA
- Birth InSight - Virginia Beach, VA
Classes for Expectant Parents and Families With Dogs
- Dogs and Storks - Ellen Mahurin, animal behaviorist, offers classes to help prepare family dogs for life with a new baby or adopted child, and also to help families who are already raising babies/toddlers and dogs together. Classes meet at Mary Immaculate in Newport News.
Return to The Williamsburg List of local pregnancy, birth, and mothering resources!